What are the appropriate public policies for America as it approaches the coming century? The signs are all around. A market liberal revolution is sweeping the world, from Eastern Europe to Latin America to Asia, where governments are selling off state enterprises, cutting taxes, deregulating business, and showing new respect for property rights and freedom of choice.
The two dozen essays in this book discuss how to bring the market liberal revolution to the United States and explain:
- How for-profit companies will revolutionize education;
- How deregulation of medical care can lower prices;
- How America can save $150 billion a year in military spending;
- How property rights can fix the environment;
- How deregulation and free trade can produce prosperity;
- How the poverty-and-welfare trap can be ended;
How the inner cities can become livable again.
This blueprint for policy reform is the alternative to both the status quo and the calls for even more government interference in our personal and economic activities. It is uniquely suited to guide America to a future of freedom and prosperity.